Application for the National Secondary School Programme must be submitted online before the due date. Application details will be announced in August 2013.
To be a scholar under the National Secondary School Programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. The applicant must be a Malaysian citizen or a Malaysian permanent resident;
2. The applicant must achieve a minimum of 5 As (Core Subjects: Bahasa Malaysia, English, Mathematics and Science) in the recent Ujian Pencapaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR) trial examinations;
3. The applicant must consistently be a top ten student in Standard 4, 5 and 6 of his/her Primary School;
4. The applicant must display an active participation in sports, clubs and societies, and/or the performing arts;
5. The applicant must be proficient in both English and Bahasa Malaysia, and any other spoken and written languages are favourable;
6. Priority is given to students from low income and rural families